Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Personal Struggle

I've been struggling a little with a few things about my past career, and those of you who have come by via my previous life's blog and wonder what about....don't worry.  I'm sure it will all be like verbal/blog/post diarrhea all over the place here. 

I just need time to be ready to discuss all the points and collect my thoughts.  It's not a simple reason or even one reason needing elaboration.  It's going to be a multitude of things that just culminated into one giant clusterfuck.

What ended up terminating my career (originally on a temporary basis, so I thought) was the birth of my daughter.  She was born unexpectedly at 31 weeks.  It was probably one of the most traumatic events of my personal life, and spun things into such a downward spiral that I was unable to return to work.  This is such an oversimplification of actual events, but will suffice for now.

Now, over 2 years later, I've gone down a completely unexpected path.  But it is a welcome one, and one that I am glad to have landed on.  I love where I am at today, and the struggles in the last few years has made it possible to appreciate it all that much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! It means a lot you found me and felt it worthy enough to take a few moments to share your thoughts. Spam will not be posted, but feel free to link to your blog or related website.